Finally.... pictures
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Buenos Aires Part 2
After a week of promising job interviews and some initial offers in Montevideo, we headed back to Buenos Aires for the weekend to meet us with fellow Tulane alumnus Brittany Bjornerud. We stayed in Brittany´s posh Recoleta apartment for the weekend and got a second taste of BsAs. The weekend included a fancy dinner out to eat Argentininan asado, a late night Tango milonga, and lots of red wine. We also hit up two fairs, one in modern, trendy Palermo Soho, and the other in the old-style San Telmo neighborhood. This second dose of Buenos Aires left Jen and me wanting to stick around longer. There is so much to do and see in this huge city, as it is teeming with unique stores and bars. Due to the impressive European style architecture seen all over the city, it is often refered to as the Paris of South America. However, it reminds me a lot of Madrid with the bustling center and accessible, non-stop nightlife. Jen, Brit, and I took plenty of great pictures, but right now I am not able to upload them because my computer situation is terrible. I really wish I would have brought my laptop or a netbook along for this trip. I will be posting some pictures as soon as possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
such a STRONG time with you guys here in Buenos Aires! Now I think I might stay until Sunday...ahh....decisions decisions!! Glad you guys made it back to Montevideo okay! Can't wait to hear how the job search pans out! Jaime told me today he will email me the info for jobs here in BsAs!
ReplyDeleteThere is definitely so much to do and see in Buenos Aires!
ReplyDeleteI spent a great time last month in Buenos Aires. I rented a furnished apartment in Recoleta, Buenos Aires, near the down town. I suggest that service called ForRent Argentina: Buenos Aires apartments For Rent
Cheers,
Fred