Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Back on the road again

Ever since Jen and I left Montevideo, we have been really enjoying ourselves. Now we have two and a half months to travel, and we feel as free as can be. In Buenos Aires we stayed with Tom from NJ, who is an excellent guy with a great apartment in the best neighborhood of BA. We spent our time there reexploring the city and treasuring the hip, fashionable neighborhoods. We used to compare Buenos Aires to Montevideo, but the truth is that they are nothing alike. Buenos Aires is much bigger and has much more to do. Anyway, Jen and I really connected with our host also. On Sunday, we took a bus to Rosario, which contends with Cordoba as Argentina´s second city. We spent Sunday walking along the riverfront, which was full of people enjoying themselves. There were tons of young people, and we stumbled upon a really high-quality art fair of all student artists. Later we saw a huge monument to the Argentinian flag, which was born in Rosario. We stayed with a couple of jock guys, Sacha and Zorro, who were great and funny, but we only got to spend a short time with them because they were working. On Monday, Jen and I went to a river beach called La Florida, where we spent the whole day relaxing and taking in the scene. This was a river beach, and Jen and I swam in the refreshing waters of the ParanĂ¡. We noticed that people in Rosario were exceptionally nice. After the relative rudeness of people in BA, it was refeshing to have contact with more down-to-earth people. Overall, I was really impressed with the layout and overall feel to Rosario, which struck me as a very livable city. Now, off to Mendoza.

Picture albums:

No comments:

Post a Comment